1 West High Street Glassboro, NJ 08028
Reported by: Pretzel
Date: September 24, 2022
Attendees: Pretzel, The Stoutmeister, Queen of Funk, Princess, B3, The Mole Slayer
Man, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to make this beer fest, having had foot surgery for a torn Achilles earlier this month. I was not about to miss it though, since last year I was on vacation and missed the Glassboro beer fest. So I took my little pink knee scooter and with The Stoutmeister’s help, I persevered and had a blast.
The weather couldn’t be more perfect! A bright, clear, cool day. The Beer Posse headed over to Glassboro for one of our favorite beer fests – The Glassboro Craft Beer Festival. Princess, our trusted Designated Driver scoped out a nice area for the Beer Posse camp, and proceeded to read her book. What I particularly love about this venue, is that it is not large (so it wasn’t so hard to scoot around without quickly becoming exhausted). Although the area is small, there are a plethora of breweries in attendance. The band was playing great tunes, and there were plenty of food trucks and vendors with a nice variety of wares. The Beer Posse all loved the wood fire pizzas, while I opted for a large soft pretzel.
As soon as we arrived the Beer Posse abandoned The Stoutmeister and me, as usual since they refuse to be slowed down by other attendees wanting photo-ops with me. Good thing I had the Stoutmeister with me for the day as my Designated Driver, photographer, and beer server. Yes, I was a little nervous about using the scooter on the grassy areas, so I had The Stoutmeister run to the designated breweries and bring me back some samples.
What I appreciate most about this beer festival, is how friendly approachable, and engaging all of the participants are including festival attendees, beertenders, and vendors. So as I was mingling with everyone, I caught up with The Beer Babe, who’ve I’ve know for several years now, and I can usually find her at any beer fest. She introduced me to Greg, who I had some fun conversation with. That is until he referred to me as his adoptive Grandma. I gave him the glare and growled “GRANDMA??, really??”. He then looked like a deer in the headlights, and said, “I mean adoptive Mom!” Ok, we’re getting a little better. So I suggested “How about adopted Older Sister”. Ok, it seemed no one was buying that. Big sign. It was fun, and I let it pass, until … I saw that the Beer Babe had posted a picture of the 2 of us, and one of her followers posted a comment … “Oh, the beer grandma! I love her! I met her a few years ago at the Wildwood beerfest.” What??? Another one? When did I become the Beer Grandma? I’m Pretzel damnit! Oh well, I guess I am old enough, it’s just that I’m immature and think of myself as much younger! Of course, my body in particular my leg has been telling myself that I’m old, so I guess I’ll have to live with it!
Looking forward to next year! Thanks Glassboro Craft Beer Festival!
Beer Posse Comments:
- The Mole Slayer – . I was impressed with the number of breweries and the wood fire pizzas were also very good
- B3 – Wood fired pizzas were really good!
- B3 – I received compliments on my Oktoberfest hat before realizing they were complimenting Pretzel’s beer hat and not mine! ☹
- B3 – I liked that it was not overly crowded and the weather cooperated.
Favorite Beers of the Day:
- Pretzel –
- Icarus Brewing – Marzen (ABV: 5.4%)
- Dr. Brewlittle’s – Barktoberfest (ABV: 6%)
- I must say, all the beers I tasted were delicious! It was hard to pare it down to my top 2!
- The Mole Slayer –
- Evil Genius Beer Co – Chocolate Pumpkin Porter (ABV: 7.8%)
- Urban Village Brewing – Oktoberfest (ABV: 6.1%)
- 2SP Brewing – Up & Out hazy IPA (ABV: 6%)
- B3 –
- 2SP Brewing – Strawberry Switchblade Hefeweizen
- The Next One!
- Queen of Funk – BEER!
- Glassboro Craft Beer Festival – https://glassborobeerfest.com/
- Glassboro Craft Beer Fest Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/glassborobeerfest