Dr. Brewlittle's Beer Co. 108 East Main Street Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Review Date: 4/23/2021
Reviewed by: Pretzel
Let’s face it folks, it’s been a hell of a pandemic on everyone! Although the Beer Posse has been out and about visiting South Jersey breweries, we haven’t done any actual reviews since the pandemic started. The current environment limits your ability to interact with other patrons and the beer-tending staff. Plus many breweries had to expand and adapt their outside areas to allow for a decent number of patrons. Well, since this appears to be the new norm (at least for the time being), we’re going back to our reviewing breweries with a few updates to our scorecard (outside areas and wifi). So let’s get back to our brewery reviews! First up … Dr. Brewlittle’s Beer Co.
The Stoutmeister and I were bored on a Friday afternoon, so we decided to go check out Br. Brewlittle’s Beer Co. in Maple Shade. It was a bit of a windy day, so we decided to partake or our libations in the tasting room vs. the outside tented area which was empty at the time, probably due to the windy, chilly weather. Inside, there were quite a few patrons socially distancing and enjoying their brews. So first things first, the Stoutmeister and I order enough flights to partake in every beer on the menu (but not the hard seltzer, we just are not seltzer people). We liked all of the beers. There was not a single brew that did not pass muster. (I’m actually surprised I did not misspell muster to read mustard!)
I absolutely love the décor! It’s got a cozy, soothing vibe although the space is not small by any means. You should watch the video above to appreciate the atmosphere. Dr. Brewlittle’s really focused on all the little details including planters made from kegs, hops-shaped lighting fixtures, and of course the brick accent wall featuring their logo. Counter seating runs along the front wall with large windows that open up onto the sidewalk, giving you a nice view of the main thoroughfare. The bathroom has an accent wall as well that is wallpapered featuring hops. And I want to point out that the bathroom was absolutely spotless and clean, which I really appreciate in this pandemic world. Although some patron, left the seat up (probably The Stoutmeister). I know it wasn’t the staff, because the taproom manager and the beertender were both female. Yeah, no biggie, just one of my pet peeves!
We did not want to bother the staff for a live tour, since many of the breweries and featuring their virtual tour videos, plus the staff seemed pretty busy. I did manage to peek into the brewing room to check out the equipment on our way out. They had a very nice assortment of merchandise – great ball caps, and winter hat, a wide variety of glassware, doggie biscuits, and shirts. My only complaint is all the shirts were long-sleeved, no short sleeved tees available. But it’s early in the season, so maybe they will stock up soon for summer.
I checked out Dr. Brewlittle’s website, and they have a plethora of activities they are sponsoring at their brewery including yoga, boot camp, musical acts, and comedy night. They have the largest list of upcoming events I have seen in quite a while. I hope to check a few out!
I just gotta say, we spent quite an enjoyable afternoon at Dr. Brewlittle’s. I want to go back and enjoy the outside seating when the weather gets a little warmer. I wish I had such a brewery closer to home to be my local hangout. Nice job Dr. Brewlittle’s, thanks for the hospitality!
Beers on Tap:
- Grog’s Paradise – New England IPA (ABV: 7%)
- Old Skool – West Coast IPA (ABV: 6.5%)
- Maple Shade Lager – Lager (ABV: 6%)
- Dock’s Orders – American Pilsner (ABV: 5%)
- Golden EyePA – American IPA (ABV: 6.5%)
- Wash – Grisette (ABV: 5%)
- Hefty Wise Men – Hefeweizen (ABV: 5%)
- You Can’t Handle the Juice – Hefeweizen with grapefruit (ABV: 5%)
- Granny Sam – Green Apple Sour (ABV: 6%)
- Degens From Upcountry – Belgian Tripel (ABV: 8.5%)
- Chris Barley’s River Van – Barleywine (ABV: 10%)
- Murphy’s Law – Export Stout (ABV: 7.5%)
- G&G Bubbly – Black Cherry Hard Seltzer (ABV: 5%)
Favorite Beers of the Day:
- The Stoutmeister – Murphy’s Law Stout
- Pretzel – You Can’t Handle the Juice Hefeweizen, Murphy’s Law Stout
Additional Posse Comments:
- The Stoutmeister – Outside area consists of 8 big tends that can seat up to 24 people/tent.
- Pretzel – Nice breeze through the open front windows.
- Dr. Brewlittles Beer Co. – https://drbrewlittlesbeer.com/
- Dr. Brewlittles Beer Co. Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/DrBrewlittles/
Overall Pretzel Score (8.93 out of 10):
Final Scorecard (click to open): DrBrewlittles